Prior to your access to the website, please read all clauses given in the statement in detail
The copyright of the website belongs to Dongfeng Peugeot Citroen Automobile Company Ltd, its protective objects include but is not limited to text, graph and image, LOGO, creative idea and software etc.
The website shall make sure that all data are accurate, complete and latest, but reserve the right to modify information such as car type, configuration, technical parameter, validity without prior notice.
The information offered in the website is only for reference and will not be considered as a substitute for any information obtained from distributors of Dongfeng Peugeot Citroen Automobile Company Ltd.
User registered on the website is prohibited from sending or forwarding any illegal data on intimidation, vilification, defamation, obscenity and eroticism or other lawbreaking data.
User registered on the website shall bear the likely civil infringement or criminal legal liability arising out of the above mentioned illegal data he or she sends or forwards by the website, the legal liability shall be unrelated to the website.
The website shall reserve the right to screen or delete any illegal data on intimidation, vilification, defamation, obscenity and eroticism or other lawbreaking data released by user registered thereon.
Dongfeng Peugeot Citroen Automobile Company Ltd shall reserve the right to interpret the above mentioned statement. Concerning legal interpretation, the interpretation based on Chinese law shall prevail.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE FOR CITROËN ORIGINS FUNCTIONALITY AROUND THE WORLD
The map functionality in the Citroën Origins Website (the “Website”) allows users to post an image of their Citroën vehicle if the model matches one of the models on the Website.
This section allows all Website users to:
- Publish — (subject to the terms and conditions set out and/or referred to below) - — a photograph of their Citroën vehicle (hereinafter the "Vehicle") and/or a story, subject to validation of the post by AUTOMOBILES CITROËN and provided that the visitor completes the form available on the Website with the following information:
- first and last names or a pseudonym of the user,
- the city in which the Vehicle in the photograph is located,
- the model of their Vehicle, (with or without specifying the version of said Vehicle),
- Share a story about the Vehicle in the photograph,
- Post comments that can be seen by all other users,
- "Like" posts from other users, subject to a limit of one "like" per user per photograph,
- Share their post on the following social networks: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
For a post to be validated, the user must fill in the form containing the mandatory information defined above, after having viewed the tutorial giving detailed instructions about the terms and conditions for publication of any photograph, and after having ticked the box indicating that he or she accepts these terms and conditions.
The post will appear once it has been validated by AUTOMOBILES CITROËN in accordance with the clause "Procedures for posting content on the Website" below, on the world map rather than the city indicated, with the first and last name or pseudonym of the user, the user's comments (story), and the photograph of the user's Vehicle.
The user may request the withdrawal of said post at any time by filling in the request form available on the site Citroën Customer Relations at CUK_ContactCentre@citroen.com or by clicking on the present link corresponding to the web address.
A web browser such as Internet Explorer (version 10 or higher), Google Chrome (version n-2 or higher), Safari (version 10 or higher), or Firefox (version n-2 or higher) is required to use the Website. Under no circumstances may AUTOMOBILES CITROËN and/or its partners be held liable if the use of the Website is incompatible with the user's hardware, software, or the functional features of the user's equipment.
The Website may not be accessible in certain countries that do not authorise the services used by the Website. AUTOMOBILES CITROËN and its partners exclude any liability in respect thereof.
Procedures for posting content on the Website
The user is advised that when the user posts content on the Website, all other users of the Website will be able to view the content and also to associate the content with the user (by reference to the user’s name or pseudonym). The content of the user’s post is the sole responsibility of the user.
AUTOMOBILES CITROËN checks the content posted by the users before publishing it on the Website, without limiting in any way the responsibility of the user for the content. AUTOMOBILES CITROËN, may, at its sole discretion, accept or reject any content proposed by the user for inclusion on the Website, without being obliged to carry out this verification within a certain period, nor to justify the refusal to publish the content proposed by the user.
AUTOMOBILES CITROËN reserves the right to make, at its sole discretion, at any time and without notice and without reason, any moderation, modification or deletion of any content published on the Website.
The photograph and / or in the photo-related commentary must not include:
• an image of a person (irrespective of whether that person is the user or a third party),
• Any content which would identify a person who is not the user,
• vehicle registration number or number plate of the Vehicle,
• Distinctive signs of any brand other than Citroën,
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive.
The user warrants to AUTOMOBILES CITROËN (and its partners) that the content supplied by the user does not directly and indirectly violate any rights of third parties, including any copyright in images posted by the user. To the extent that the user posts content relating to or owned by a third party, the user warrants to AUTOMOBILES CITROËN that the user has obtained the consent of that third party prior to posting the content.
It is forbidden to post on the Website any content whatsoever or to perform any action whatsoever that would infringe the rights of third parties (including copyright, trademarks and any other rights) or the law.
It is forbidden to modify, denigrate or alter and / or make commercial use of all or part of the Website.
The user is prohibited from misusing the Website in any way, and in particular is prohibited from doing any of the following:
- using the Website for purposes other than strict personal use, including for commercial, economic or other purposes not provided for in these terms and conditions,
- posting commercial communications, marketing operations or any type of direct marketing via the Website,
- publishing or posting on the Website, directly or through a third party, unwanted messages, spam, viruses, codes, or malicious or fraudulent computer programs,
- accessing the Website and posting content on the Website using automated methods,
- posting or publishing content inciting hatred or violence, or which is otherwise indecent, vulgar, threatening, humiliating, pornographic or which contains nudity or gratuitous violence, and/or is
intended to intimidate or harass others users, and/or posting content relating to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, the organisation of any type of game, lottery or contest, posting content concerning official documents or financial information, or more generally inciting a breach of these terms and conditions,
- using the Website in an unlawful, malicious, fraudulent or discriminatory manner.
Any content or anecdote published or posted by a user that may affect the image of AUTOMOBILES CITROËN and / or which is defamatory, immoral or illegal may result in the permanent deletion of the content and / or anecdote of the user.
The user is solely and exclusively responsible for the use he / she makes of the Website, and the direct or indirect consequences of this use.
AUTOMOBILES CITROËN reserves the right (without prejudice to any other rights and remedies available to AUTOMOBILES CITROËN) to suspend or prohibit the user from using the Website, to delete any content and information published on the Website if AUTOMOBILES CITROËN believes that the user has breached the law or these terms and conditions.
The user acknowledges and agrees that the user’s content published or posted on the Website is not confidential. The user acknowledges that everything published or posted on the Website is likely to be viewed over on the Internet by third parties, and neither AUTOMOBILES CITROËN nor any of its suppliers and / or partners and / or any entity of the PSA Group shall be liable for such third parties’ access to or use of the content.
Authorisation to use content
The user acknowledges and accepts that by posting, reproducing and publicly displaying their content, he or she grants to AUTOMOBILES CITROËN (and its partners) a royalty-free worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable licence to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (translation, adaptation, etc.), communicate, publish and publicly distribute the content, in connection with, or for the purpose of promoting or improving, the Website. The licence granted by the user is valid for the entire legal period of protection of the rights to the content. For the avoidance of doubt, this licence does not create any obligation for AUTOMOBILES CITROËN (and / or its partners) to use, display or exploit the content published or posted by the user.
Intellectual property rights of AUTOMOBILES CITROEN
Users of this Website are advised by AUTOMOBILES that most elements of the Website:
- are protected by copyright law and / or are protected by the laws on designs (e.g. the models of vehicles appearing on the Website), and / or
- are protected by trade mark law: the "CITROËN" trademark, the "Double Chevron" figurative mark (representing the CITROËN logo), and the trademarks of the vehicle models appearing on the Website.
The elements thus protected are the property of AUTOMOBILES CITROËN, other companies of the PSA Group or of third parties having authorised AUTOMOBILES CITROËN to use them. Any reproduction, representation, use, adaptation, modification, incorporation, translation, commercial exploitation, whether in whole or in part, in any form, by any means and on any medium whatsoever without the prior written authorisation of AUTOMOBILES CITROËN is strictly prohibited,.
The trademarks and logos of third party software displayed on the Website are the property of the companies operating them and they may not be used or reproduced without the prior written consent of the owner of the said marks and logos. These trademarks include, but are not limited to: Microsoft (Windows Media Player) www.microsoft.com, Real Networks Inc. (Real Player) http://www.real.com and any other software not specifically identified in these Terms and Conditions. This software is protected by copyright.